If there’s one way to ensure a perfect start to your weekend, it’s to get all the right pieces in place the night before. Husband and I like to start our Saturday mornings slowly–lying on the couch, reading, sipping coffee, listening to NPR. So often, on Friday nights, I’ll make these muffins and get the coffee maker ready so that all we have to do is make our plates and relax. As a bonus, they smell absolutely delicious and happen to make just enough that you can eat one on Friday for a midnight snack if you’re so inclined.
1 1/2 c All-Purpose Flour
3/4 c Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 c Vegetable Oil
1/3 c milk
1/3 c Greek Yogurt *
1 1/4 c fresh blueberries
Cinnamon + Sugar **
- Preheat over to 400°F and grease a muffin tin. This recipe should make 10 muffins.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Then, mix together your wet ingredients to make a nice batter.
- Fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop mixture into muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Pull out and top with cinnamon + sugar.
- Put back into the oven and bake for another 3 minutes.
– – – – –
* The dairy products in this recipe can be played with quite a bit without losing the muffin’s perfect texture… It all depends on what you’ve got in your fridge. I’ve used a bit of sour cream, heavy cream, and I’m sure buttermilk would add a lovely little dimension.
** We always have cinnamon + sugar mixture in an airtight container to use on muffins, on toast, in drinks, etc. Just another thing to make your life a little easier!